Thursday, January 03, 2013

Meow!





I was surprised and delighted to be informed that my kitties (or drawings of them) had won me the illustrious "Moose" award! What an honor. I've admired Katherine Tyrrell's Making a Mark blog for a long time, and to be singled out for an award by her is high praise indeed!

(please click on these to see them bigger, or better yet, click the link to go to the blog itself)



She suggests I do more, art-wise, with my cats. Well, you know what? I am. I actually do have a genius idea in the works, but you know how these things go - they can take time. I already have a domain and blog, and have even considered trademarking it all. But I've been keeping it under wraps until its 'ready'. Guess this might be a sign from the Artiverse (I just made that up - its like Universe, only with Art - OK, you got that) to get going on it. 

So it looks like to going to be very busy year for me, if I put my money where my mouth is and do everything on my work 'to-do' list! 

And so what have I been doing the past couple of days? Knitting. I've been feeling just a skoshe under the weather, just slightly off and tired and chilly and tired and slow - and tired. Knitting is a good prescription for that I've found. I made some new cowls and a scarf, and am doing up some fingerless gloves, which is a new thing for me. I also found some perfect clear bins to store yarn in, so did a bit of organizing, which feels really good.

Its very cold and frosty here, but clear. I've been covering plants at night, and wearing my shawl a lot. The kitties have been extra snuggly, and every afternoon they squabble over who gets the 'good sun window'. 

I hope all of you are having a nice start to 2013, and that the year unfolds well for everyone!

2 comments:

TLampert said...

Congrats Paula! What an exciting start to the new year for you :)

Paintings for Sale said...

Just found your blog and hope to see more great stuff from you this year!