Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Christmas Cards


I've made a few Christmas cards for the shop.




I know, its still early. But now is when people starting thinking about these. So I figured I'd do a few, in case the early birds stop by.





You've probably seen this art before. Or maybe not. None of it is new (boy, how bad am I at selling myself here?). Let's see if I can rephrase that ~ 
"I've chosen some of my favorite Christmas-y images and made them into beautiful greeting cards!". There, that's a little better.




I'm feeling the beginning of something 'cold-like' hovering around tonight, something that requires aspirin and fluids. (Fluids. That's an odd word, isn't it?) My fluids of choice in this situation are lemon-ginger-echinacea juice and plain water. Although if someone were to fix me a hot toddy of some sort I'm sure I could be persuaded.






So anyways, that might explain my poor efforts in enthusiastically presenting my card-making endeavor. 





I also think all the election hoopla left me a little worn. Did you feel that way too? The endless TV commercials and Facebook rantings and then the actual election-night stress. Its a wonder the President doesn't have a nervous collapse afterwards. I hope they at least let him sleep in a bit this morning (the day after).




I'm also trying to get used the time change. I want to go to bed at 6:00 pm now.




There are a lot of odd bits of art happening around here. Well, they're not odd, really, just a little of this, and a little of that.




Some of it is picture book art, and some of it is food. And today while out shopping I found inspiration for a new series, and bought a few things, so am excited about that. (No, I'm not going to tell you what it is yet, you have to wait.)




I hope all of you are well, and weren't caught in that awful Sandy disaster. I'm feeling very thankful for the warm and sunny California weather we're having right now, and power and water and a roof over my head. A little rain would be nice, just so I don't have to go out and water the yard. And OK, I'd like to be able to wear a sweater maybe. Otherwise, everything's good. Take care, and remember to drink your fluids! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fantastic! I would have trouble choosing which one to buy! I'd just get an assortment!

TLampert said...

These are all adorable! I've been working on Christmas Card designs as well since October. Never hurts to start early I say :) Feel better soon Paula!