Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Its a new year



Hope springs eternal. Even though we're looking at a train wreck happening at 12:01 on January 20th, my hope is that the little message these kids are sporting will somehow come to pass. Like I said - hope springs eternal. I think I'm going to stick my fingers in my ears and do "lalalala I can't hear you" for the next four years. I think that's the only way I'll get through. I'm going to try to concentrate on positive things instead of obsessing over . . . all of that.

I managed to scritch out this little piece over new year's, even though my hands and wrists are still stiff. I'm looking forward to getting better one of these days, but until I do, I have to find a way to work with this new handicap (fibromyalgia - read my last post if you want too much info). It takes me a lot longer than normal to get going every day, and I can work for a shorter length of time, and need more breaks, etc., but I'm determined to keep going. Actually the worst of it is my feet and ankles, which just hurt, and I can't walk or stand for too long, but luckily drawing is a sitting down exercise. So hopefully I'll manage to crank out some decent new art before too long here.

Hope you all had nice holidays, and are starting your new year off well. We just finished a super awful rain and wind storm - holy moly! - and I'm so thankful its over. A couple of years ago we were having  a drought, with absolutely no rain at all. Talk about from one extreme to the other!

So happy new year to you all. I hope its a good one, for all of us.


No comments: