Thursday, March 19, 2015

Everything's a work in progress


That sounded kind of deep. I guess it is true though, that everything in life is a work in progress, most of the time. Things are always changing and being created anew. That's an especially appropriate thought right now, as Spring officially starts tomorrow. We've unofficially been having it here for weeks now though, with the jasmine in bloom, as well as roses, azaleas, and some other green things. The cats are out sunning themselves all day long in the balmy weather, and I'm even sleeping with the window open. 

And I've been sketching a lot. New things for new projects. Lots of children's book art, mostly, but also some kitties, and some new food. 




I also have the Spring Cleaning bug. Do you get that too? Not just my house, but life "stuff" in general. This is a great article about the recent end of the Uranus Square Pluto astrological thing that's been going on for the past 3 years. Lots of challenges and change in many people's lives thanks to this rare planetary alignment, and now, thankfully, its coming to an end. The shorthand version is kind of a "this doesn't work for me anymore" feeling, with the urge to make difficult changes, and grow. Even if you're not 'into' astrology, I'm sure you can relate to that feeling. We all go through it, and I've been feeling it a lot lately. 




So there's a lot of new work starting to 'bud', if you will, on my drawing table. Some still feels like its in 'winter mode', gathering itself up under the surface, ready to poke up and see the light. Other things are already sprouting. 





I also rearranged my studio a little bit, and it has a better 'feng shui' thing going on I think. All I really did was shift my drawing table 90 degrees, but it really changed the energy in the room, and I love it. (I know I'm sounding very 'woo woo' today, but hey, whatever works, right?)





So here's to Spring! And Spring cleaning, and new growth of all kinds!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, that's true. Spring is a long way away down here, in fact it's starting to get cold. Enjoy your spring!

TLampert said...

So that's why I keep moving and changing things in my little studio (and my drawings ;)) Great sketches!