Thursday, January 22, 2015

Servant Kitties

This is a new 'thing'  I'm working on. Its been on a back burner for too long, and one of my resolutions for the new year was to move it to the front, and turn up the heat a bit. 

These first few samples were done with traditional colored pencils, then some 'digital colored pencil' to enhance them. I'm going to see if I can do the rest in the series all digitally. I really want to be able to go all digital for some stuff, and am determined to figure this out, once and for all.




These may remind you of some popular TV characters, or not. I'm not trying to copy specific people, but there may be a strong nod to someone we recognize here and there. 


Its fun to adapt human 'costumes' to cat proportions. Sometimes. I'm trying not to do 'people bodies with cat heads', although that would make things a lot easier.



The ladies are next!

3 comments:

harry bell said...

Just had to stop by and say how much I like these . More please!

Ginger*:) said...

I love these guys, and hope there will be more. You could have your own Catdon Abby in a few more weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula,

I just had to say how wonderful your drawings and paintings are! I love to see fine art and found your great blog through a Google search. What a treat to see all of these lovely artworks. This cat series is excellent! They are dignified and handsome. Great work!