Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Celtic Knots

I wanted to start a new series of small yarn drawings, and wanted to do knots. At first I thought I would call them "square knots" and do either tangled up knotted yarn, or actual real knots (like square, granny, half-hitch, etc.) I still may do those. But then I thought of this idea which appealed to me more.



I've always love Celtic knots, so once I came up with the idea, I couldn't believe I've never thought of it before!

I modeled this yarn after some lovely wool roving I have which doesn't show the plys much at all (that's what makes yarn look 'ropey'), but still has all the fuzzy bits.

I'll do some more, then figure out what to do with them - sell prints, the originals, make cards, etc.

1 comment:

jane maday said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Paula, and thanks for the advice about Etsy. I'll need to sit down and do that when my brain is feeling a bit more alert than it is today;-)
I'm not sure what to expect from etsy and I am new to the whole thing, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
cheers, Jane