Sunday, January 15, 2012

In Progress

Happy New Year! Can't believe we're two weeks into it already. It will be Christmas again before you know it.

Anyways, I've been taking a bit of a blogging break. Everything I'm working on at the moment is in progress, or half baked, or in the planning and figuring out stages. And that doesn't always make for interesting blogging.

But thought I'd better pop in with something, just to let everyone know I haven't perished from the drought that seems to be taking over California this winter. Seriously. Brown lawns, people in t-shirts and flip flops, its appalling. We're supposed to be wearing chunky sweaters and sipping cocoa by the fire. I'm cranky.

So this is one of the things I'm working on that's in progress. Can't say anything about it, sorry. But its a Bible tale, and this is a first drawing, which I will now take to finish. It will be in black and white, yay!


(click to see it bigger)

I had fun researching Bible times and Jewish-wear. One of the perks of being an illustrator is all the things you learn, about things you never knew anything about before. Or things you thought you knew about, then find out how much you didn't know. If that makes any sense.

So its back to work for me today, no rest for the wicked. My reward will be a new episode of Downton Abbey tonight!

No comments: