Saturday, October 15, 2011

Heath Bar WIP




Well the cat's out of the bag now on what this is. 
Yes, I've broken into the Halloween candy. And you know I had to rip open several of these before I got one with just the right 'tear'. This is a mini, not the full sized bar. And I'm doing it a little larger than life. This is about 5.5 inches square. Polychromos on Stonehenge, my favorite.

I know I said a few posts back (when I did the invented pod drawing) that I was tired of doing "slavishly copying photo reference" kinds of pieces. But here I am. I guess it depends on the subject, and what mood I'm in. I like to do both. I really have a 'thing' for candy and candy wrappers. There's something architectural about them, discovering all the little shapes of colors hidden within. They're almost like little puzzles. oooh, maybe I should deconstruct one, and just draw all the little shapes, separated, and let people guess what they are. 
Yeah .... or maybe not. 

Hope you're all enjoying a nice Fall weekend, getting pumpkins and doing harvest kinds of things. I have some pumpkin bread calling from the kitchen, for later. I wish pumpkins were in season all year 'round! 




No comments: